Joining / Renewing membership

Becoming a member happens on the You can browse memberships from the website’s top section called “Memberships”. Web store doesn’t show all memberships if you have locationing turned on.

Note! To join the Student Union METKA you have to visit the link below.

    1. Go to buy the correct membership from here:
      Arcada Student Union – ASK
      Student Union of Diaconia UAS (University of Applied Sciences) – O’Diako
      Student Union of Haaga-Helia (UAS) – Helga
      Student Union of Humak University of Applied Sciences – HUMAKO
      Student Union of Laurea University of Applied Sciences – Laureamko
      Student Union of Metropolia University of Applied Sciences METKA

2. Select membership period. Membership can be bought for one semester or one academic year. Membership for one semester is valid till the end of autumn or spring semester. Membership for one academic year is valid through the whole academic year.

3. Log in to the web store with your Facebook account or with previously created account. If you haven’t made an account yet, you can create one by clicking “Create an account”.

4. Select the wanted membership period and fill out the application form.

5. After filling out the application form you can go and pay the membership that you have selected.  Before the payment you can also continue shopping in the web store and get other products such as coveralls, coverall patches or tickets to the next student event at the same time.

Validity of membership

Autumn 2018 membership is valid until 31.1.2019.
One academic year and Spring semester 2019 memberships are valid until 30.9.2019.
(Please note that HSL qualifies the membership only till the end of August.)

Transferring a membership period

Not collecting membership sticker is not considered as transferring a membership period. Membership will automatically be valid through the selected and paid time. If you have bought a membership, you can suspend it by notifying your student unions customer service in the beginning of Autumn of Spring semester or before the end of September or January. Membership can’t be suspended if a valid membership sticker has already been attached to one’s student card. More info about transferring a membership period can be asked from student union’s customer service.

Ending a membership

If you want to resign from your student union for example because of changing a school, dropping out from a school or for some other reason, please fill Resigning the student union’s membership -form and return it with your student card to your student union’s office. You can get the form from your student union’s office or by emailing customer service.